We Care distributes over 500 meals between Thanksgiving and Christmas to families in need.
To sign up, call our office at 269-637-4342 between October 1st and no later than November 19th for Thanksgiving and December 10th for Christmas.
To donate, please e-mail Lynn at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you'll be providing a complete dinner, and how many. Some suggestions include the following items, but whatever you like to eat at the holidays is the best policy:
- Holiday Meat or Protein: Turkey, ham, tofu (can be frozen, canned or refrigerated).
- Side dishes, complete with each required ingredient:
- Green bean casserole - green beans, cream of mushroom soup, milk, fried onions.
- Mashed Potatoes - potatoes, milk, butter, salt.
- Mac and cheese (ready to serve or boxed with needed add-ins)
- Vegetables (fresh / frozen / canned)
- Fresh Cranberries (include bag of sugar) -or- canned cranberry sauce
- Canned gravy or gravy packets (with needed add-ins)
- Cookies, cake or pie
- Cool Whip or Whipped Cream
- OPTIONAL: Place all items in a re-useable container, such as a Rubbermaid tote, laundry basket or crate.
Again, these are suggestions. For more ideas, please let our staff know and they can help.
NOTE: Due to the Corona Virus, we ask that you not include any hand or home made items. Please use only store bought, prepacked items. Thank you for your understanding.